Roller Shutter Garage Doors
Roller Shutter Garage Doors are now the most common choice for business and homeowners when replacing a garage door or shop front opening and there are many reasons why.
What are Roller Shutter Garage Doors?
Roller Shutter Garage Doors are a vertical door that rolls up and into the inside or outside of your garage or doorway. Most Roller Shutter Garage Doors are individually made to measure and are adapted to the measurements and shape of your home, garage door or shop front opening. They are highly recommended for doorways where there is little or no lintel space or room to the side.
Roller Shutter Garage Doors are made from double skinned aluminium making them extremely secure and they are foam filled meaning have excellent sound and heat insulation. They utilise a large spring on one side to provide balance to the motor drive on the other side, providing a smooth and reliable garage door which is easy to manually override if you ever need to.
How do they work?
Roller Shutter Garage Doors roll up into the ceiling space or barrel cover if there is none so they give you space in your garage ceiling to use as storage. They are automatically operated with a key fob so there is no need to use a key to unlock, lift a heavy door and push it upwards to open. A Roller Shutter Door enables you to drive up to your garage entrance, remain in your car whilst you open the door with your key fob and then drive in so no getting wet, or cold getting in and out of your car and manually lifting and opening it. The most common reason for a Roller Shutter Garage Door not opening is a sensor being blocked by a cobweb or dust and by wiping them clean the door will then operate. If it isn’t down to this then there is a winder that is easy to use to manually open or close the door.
What are the Benefits of Roller Shutter Garage Doors?
- The double skinned aluminium roller shutter garage door make them highly secure and will deter break-ins
- They can fit anywhere, whatever the opening space or shape a roller shutter door can be individually made to fit
- They are also available as an external roller garage door for fitting in front of the opening if your garage has little lintel space or side room. External roller garage doors are supplied as a complete package with a matching operator. The shaft cover around the operator protects it from adverse weather effects and unauthorised interference. The barrel cover and frame come in the same colour as the door to create a uniform and harmonious appearance. The tension spring cover on the sides of the external roller garage door is made of aluminium and features vision sections to control the spring system
- They provide maximum parking space both inside and in front of the garage
- The ceiling space remains free and can be used for lamps or as additional storage space
- They provide excellent sound and heat insulation
- There is no manual lifting required
- They are key fob operated meaning no fuss with opening a lock with a key
- They are made to measure to fit any door or window opening
- They are available in a range of standard paint colours and simulated woodgrain finishes and can also be supplied in other colours or finishes by special order.
- Matching side doors are also available, plus a range of standard access control items
- There are a wide range of options and accessories available, ranging from a choice of handle designs to full automation, door entry systems, remote operation systems, enhanced security systems and smartphone applications
- Our Top Tips when Choosing a Roller Shutter Garage Door
Our Maintenance Tips for Roller Shutter Garage Doors
You should test your Roller Shutter Garage Door regularly and we recommend doing this once a month to check it’s safety reversal system. If your garage door opens and closes via a laser beam and sensors on either side of the door then sweep your foot or an object under the garage door as it closes. When you do this the garage door should stop and, or reopen. If it doesn’t then you have a potential safety issue as it could close on you, or your car as you are walking or driving through. If your sensors flash repeatedly and you hear a quiet clicking sound then it normally indicates there is a problem with the sensors not working. Check there are no spider’s webs or dirt on your sensors by wiping them clean and this normally sorts the problem. If wiping them clean doesn’t work then it is likely you will need to call a garage door engineer to look into it further. If your door stops opening or closing then it may be as simple as checking the power supply by switching it off and back on again or try replacing the batteries in your key fob. If none of this advice works then call your Garage Door Engineer who will come out and check what the problem is, we always advise you to have a full Garage Door Service by a trained engineer once a year and this will prolong the life of your garage door.
What you should look for in a Garage Door Company
- Trained and experienced Garage Door Engineers. A good reputable garage door company will offer good guarantees on their new garage doors or any repairs they carry out as they will be confident in their Garage Door Engineers abilities and workmanship
- Check they are fully insured – if you are unsure about this then you can ask to see their paperwork to validate it
- They will offer free, no-obligation quotes. A good garage door company will be open about their costs, show you the breakdown of their costs on their quote and will put no pressure on you to have the work done
- A same day repair service normally means they have a team of engineers and indicates that each engineer will have to go through safety and full training to ensure their business insurance is valid
- Lengthy Guarantees offered for repairs and parts shows they are confident about the garage door makes and spare parts they use. Good Garage Door Companies offer Lifetime Guarantees and this is definitely something to look out for
- Research on the internet the reasons a garage door can be repaired to ensure you aren’t wrongly advised that you need a new one installed. Don’t feel pressured into making a quick decision there and then, do your research and agree to go back to them when you have made your decision
- Look at customer reviews on their website, and check their social media sites to see what their customers are saying about them
- Get recommendations from family and friends
- Cheap is not always the best when it comes to a garage door for longevity and safety. If the company you are using are guaranteeing their parts and repairs then this indicates they are using good quality parts and are confident with their engineer’s workmanship
- Give them a call and see how you feel when you have spoken to them. You are looking for a professional company that will offer you advice and good service and you will be able to tell this from your first interaction with them
Garage Door Rescue
Whether you need a new roller door installing, or you simply want to update your entrance, then Garage Door Rescue will have the best solution at the right price for you. All of our garage door installation quotations are a fixed price and include the supply of the door, steel frames, security locks, VAT along with a full manufacturers’ guarantee.
We have been repairing and installing all makes and models of garage doors for over 20 years. We are a family-owned business and take extra pride in delivering a friendly and dependable service.
We offer our services to homeowners and businesses and our qualified engineers are experienced in problem-solving to make sure your garage door repair is not just a quick fix.
What repairs do we provide?
Garage Door Rescue provides all types of roller garage door repairs or replacements on locks, handles and rollers. We also offer security options, and preventative maintenance plans as well. Preventative maintenance will keep your door looking and working to perfection for years to come.
Our Same Day Service*
Call us today and receive same day service* on roller garage door repairs. We will quickly identify the problem, give you a fixed quote, and have your roller garage door functioning again in no time.
Warranty on our Roller Garage Door Repairs
Satisfaction is guaranteed for all our Roller Shutter Garage Door repairs. All our cable replacements come with a Lifetime Guarantee offering you complete peace of mind. We provide a full 12 months guarantee including parts and labour for all other repairs and all our repairs strictly adhere to manufacturer’s instructions.
Give us a call today on 01793 393503 if you are looking for an estimate for a new garage door or if you are looking for a roller shutter garage door repair service. Our Expert Roller Shutter Garage Door Repairs include; repairs on all makes and models, replacement parts, same day service which includes; cables, wires, springs, handles, locks, door rollers and roller spindles, additional garage door security choices inc garage door defender installment, garage door service and maintenance and garage door automation.
Garage Door Rescue have local Engineers to fix, maintain or install new roller shutter garage doors throughout Wiltshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Berkshire including Swindon, Cirencester, Faringdon, Highworth, Wroughton, Marlborough, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Dursley, Chipping Norton, Moreton In The Marsh, Chippenham, Calne, Malmesbury, Bath, Corsham, Melksham, Trowbridge, Devizes, Frome, Oxford, Wantage, Abingdon, Didcot, Kidlington, Witney, Reading, Newbury and Hungerford.