When it comes to fixing garage doors, it’s something that we know a thing or two about.
Manual doors, automatic doors, old doors, new… we can fix them. It’s not uncommon for garage door parts to fail over time. In fact, certain parts are only designed to last a certain amount of time or for a certain number of open and closes.
When they fail, it doesn’t mean you need a whole new door.
Often, fixing the door by replacing a part will restore it to its original state and have it working again in no time. Let’s take a look at common garage door fails and what can go wrong:
- The opener switch not working
- Garage door won’t open or close
- Keypad not working
- Remote control not working
- The motor runs but the door won’t move
- The door is very slow to open/close
- It’s very noisy
- The door comes off its tracks
Garage Door Parts That Can Fail
What are the common garage door parts that could be failing and in need of replacement?
- Door opener – the most obvious thing to check if the door isn’t opening or closing as it should
- Springs – designed to open and close a certain number of times before they fail
- Cables – can become broken due to normal wear and tear and broken springs
- Rollers sticking – they can become ‘sticky’ over time which can force the garage door off its tracks and make a noise
- Tracks – if the door has come off its tracks don’t try and force it – this could break others elements
- Weather seals – these are what stop the rain getting in. It’s important to ensure these are intact
- Brackets and hinges – hinges are what keeps the door in place and allow each section to bend when opening and closing
- Tubes – plays an essential role in lifting the garage door
- Drums – allow the cables to wind and unwind
- Safety sensor – stops the door from opening and closing if they sense an obstacle underneath
- Emergency cord – a cord that hangs from the inside of the garage door allowing you to open it
If you are having issues with your garage door, it may be obvious to you which of the above elements aren’t working as they should. One simple issue could cause the whole mechanism to fail.
While you may be able to identify what is wrong, we wouldn’t advise playing around too much. The parts are all connected in order to make the individual mechanisms work as a whole.
Experts in Garage Doors
As experts, we are trained to identify the issue and replace the necessary parts to restore the door to its original working order. Often, it is a quick fix and our engineers can sort it very quickly. Of course, if there are multiple issues, it may be worth considering a replacement garage door. We can help with this too.
We recommend giving us a call to arrange a visit where we can assess the problem and advise on the best course of action.
Call us on 01793 384322 and let us help fix your garage door.