If you are looking to replace your garage door then you have come to the right place as Garage Door Rescue can help you decide which garage door will suit your lifestyle best. There are over 50 types of garage doors available to buy in the UK today. Don’t worry we aren’t going to list them all for you below.
We are going to name some of the most popular to help you narrow down your choice. If you are interested in a Garage Door and would like more information please get in touch with us today on 01793 393503.
Automated Garage Door
Your first garage door choice should be between whether you want it to be manual or automated. If your home is connected to the garage or you live in a place where it rains a lot and you would like to get into your garage without getting wet then an automated garage door is for you.
Automated garage doors will allow you to open your garage from the comfort of your vehicle as you arrive home. If you have shopping or other items in your car then you can transfer these from your car to your home with privacy and ease. Automated doors also provide you with added security keeping you and your family safe at all times.
Up and Over Garage Door
An up and over garage door is certainly a popular choice. If you are looking to perhaps automate in the future then this is also the perfect option for you. Ensure you go for a retractable mechanism as this is much easier to work should you want to upgrade.
Roller Shutter Garage Door
If you are looking to save space and also have an attractive aesthetic, our advice would be to go for a roller shutter door. These garage doors come in a wide range of colours and designs which will finish off the look of your brand new home addition. With added security to these garage doors are timeless and will make your property look modern as well as be secure.
Sectional Garage Door
Sectional garage doors are available not only in steel but come in one of the widest colour availability on the market today. All of these colours can be either matched with your existing home’s style or can be something unique to create and add a feature for your home.
Side Hinged Garage Door
If you are looking to use your garage for storage purposes or you have limited space when it comes to height then we would advise looking into Side Hinged Garage Doors. They come in a large range of materials including steel or wood, a multitude of colours and even come with different forms of glazing within them.
Here is a summary of our top ten tips to help you choose the correct garage door for your home.
- Get your measurements correct, as this can determine what type of door you can have.
- Use a visualisation tool to see what your choice will look like before you buy it.
- If you choose a wooden garage door be prepared to treat it every couple of years.
- Consider the security aspect, especially if you are having glazing installed in the door
- Ensure that if you want automation in the future to pick a door that can accommodate.
- If you live near the beach or the coastline then it is important to choose a door which will not corrode.
- If you live in an exposed area then it is important to consider a sectional door which will be protected against the elements.
- A door with added security could add value to your home.
- If you are working from your garage then you might want to consider installation.
- Use a professional installation company like Garage Door Rescue who will give you a guarantee and only ask for payment once the job is completed.
Garage Door Rescue
Garage Door Rescue has been installing and repairing all kinds of garage doors for over 20 years. Garage Door Rescue is a family run business and has talented engineers who can help you to install or repair your garage door until you are satisfied.
We like to make sure that our customers receive the service they deserve. If you would like more information on our selection of Garage Doors please call 01793393503 to speak to an engineer today.